| Japanese (日本語)

THE JAPAN EXCHANGE and TEACHING PROGRAM (JET)


General Info Application Information Recruiting
Positions Application Process JET Program USA
FAQ Eligibility Criteria  

1. GENERAL INFORMATION

The The Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET) Program is a competitive employment opportunity that allows young professionals to live and work in cities and towns throughout Japan. As such, the JET Program looks for applicants who are adaptable, outgoing, and who have a deep interest in Japan.

The JET Program began over thirty years ago in 1987 with just 848 participants from 4 countries. Since then the program has grown tremendously. At present, there are more than 5,000 JET Participants from over 40 countries living and working in Japan. The majority, over 90%, of JET participants are Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs). The remaining 10% are mostly Coordinators for International Relations (CIRs).

LEARN MORE ABOUT THE JET PROGRAM

For more information please contact the JET Program Office in the Japan Information Center at (212) 418-4461 or send us an e-mail here.

You can also find more information on the following sites:
  • JET Program USA
    The Official Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program USA website run by Embassy of Japan in the United States of America.
  • Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR)
    Information on the JET Program and other programs co-sponsored by CLAIR.
  • JET Alumni Association of New York
    The New York chapter of the JET Alumni Association has a very active membership. JETAANY offers social activities for returning JETs, assist with JET program recruitment and orientation, participate in various Japan-related events in the region, and assist returnees with finding employment.
  • JET Alumni Association International Home Page
    The JET Program Alumni Association (JETAA) was founded to strengthen the bonds of friendship developed by former JET participants. JETAA members contribute to the promotion and implementation of the JET program, and also offer a number of services for JET returnees, such as assisting with the readjustment to life at home, conducting returnees' orientations, and providing information on how the JET experience can apply to a future career.
  • AJET Home Page
    AJET is an independent, volunteer organization created by JET Program participants currently in Japan. AJET offers information about working and living in Japan and provides a support network for members at local, regional and national levels.
  • Other Japanese Embassies & Consulates around the United States
    Jurisdictional map and links to other Japanese missions located in the US.

 

(c) Consulate-General of Japan in New York
299 Park Avenue 18th Floor, New York, NY 10171
Tel: (212)371-8222
著作権・リンク・免責事項