Consulate General of Japan in New YorkLocation / Hours / Contact
Office opens Monday through Friday except for holidays
Consular Service for Japanese national
(Until Friday, July 30th) 9:30am – 2:00pm (by Appointment only)
(Monday, August 2nd and later) 9:30am – 3:00pm (by Appointment only)
12:00pm – 1:00pm (by Appointment only)
Pick-up for applied visa
9:30am – 12:00pm
Japan Information Center:
- Window: 9:30am – 12:30pm (by Appointment only)
- Phone: Until 5:30pm(12:30-13:30 closed)
For general inquiry on Visa / Consular service
Please click here for contact information for VISA/Consular service.
For scheduling appointment to visit our office
Please click here for scheduling appointment
For inquiry on public relations / cultural events
- TEL : (212)371-8222
- Email for Japan Information Center
For others (NON - Visa /Consular issues)
(212)371-8222(in case of emergency 24/7)
Your phone call is answered between 9:30am – 5:30pm Monday through Friday except holidays. All incoming calls out of this time will be taken by outsource telephone operators.
● Please keep your face covered while you are within the premise of our office and building.
● Automatic thermal screening is being implemented at entrance of the building. You may not be allowed to enter building if your temperature is assessed as higher than 100.8F, due to regulation of the building. If you feel unwell, please visit us at a later date.
● All visitors are required to pass through a thorough security check as you enter our office. Any items or materials deemed as hazardous, such as firearms, knives (including cutlery and utility knives), explosives, and any other weapons are strictly prohibited.
● Building management regulations do not permit pets(dogs, cats, etc,) on the premises.
The Consulate is closed on the following holidays:
|Jan. 1 (Fri)||New Year's Day (2021)
* First Day of Business is Jan 4th (Mon)
|Jan. 2 (Sat)||New Year's Holiday|
|Jan. 3 (Sun)||New Year's Holiday|
|Jan. 18 (Mon)||Martin Luther King Jr's Day|
|Feb. 15 (Mon)||President's Day|
|Feb. 23 (Tue)||Emperor's Birthday|
|Apr. 2 (Fri)||Good Friday|
|May. 3 (Mon)||Constitution Memorial Day|
|May. 31 (Mon)||Memorial Day|
|Jul. 5 (Mon)||Independence Day (Observed)|
|Jul. 23(Fri)||Sports Day (Tokyo Olympics)|
|Sep. 6 (Mon)||Labor Day|
|Oct. 11 (Mon)||Columbus Day|
|Nov. 11 (Thu)||Veteran's Day|
|Nov. 25 (Thu)||Thanksgiving Day|
|Nov. 26 (Fri)||Day after Thanksgiving Day|
|Dec. 24 (Fri)||Christmas Day (Observed)|
|Dec. 29 (Wed)||Year's End Holiday|
|Dec. 30 (Thu)||Year's End Holiday|
|Dec. 31(Fri)||Year's End Holiday
* Last day of business is Dec 28th (Tue)