- Deputy Consul General Kenju Murakami
- 299 Park Avenue, 18th Floor,
New York, NY 10171
(between 48th St. & 49th St.)
Please read though our Frequently Asked Questions list before contacting the Japan Information Center.
- Assistance to Educators and Students
- The JIC distributes educational materials such as posters, periodicals, and pamphlets to promote education about Japan and Japanese culture. We also conduct school visits to elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, and colleges throughout our jurisdiction.
- Education Resources
- Scholarships, Exchange Programs, and Information about Studying in Japan
- Offered By the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho)
- The Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET) Program invites young college and university graduates from overseas to participate in international exchange and foreign language education throughout Japan.
- Japan Student Services Organization, Japan (JASSO)
- Study in Japan Comprehensive Guide by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Global 30 Project
- Publications and Materials
- Our free electronic newsletter available to anyone who has an interest in Japan
- Find Japan-related events in our jurisdiction
- Available for loan to schools, clubs, non-profit organizations, and individuals (non-commercial use only)
- Posters, periodicals, and pamphlets from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other organizations
- niponica is a magazine that introduces modern Japan to people all over the world, hard copies are available in our office
- Audiovisual Materials
- JIC Gallery
Our gallery is home to a rotating exhibition of work by Japanese artists and Japan-related art pieces by artists from around the world. Visitors are welcome. Access to the JIC Gallery, which located in our lobby, is free and open to the public during office hours. (Photo ID Required)
Please check here to learn about our current installation schedule.