1. Visa Fee Exemption
Citizens of the countries below are exempt from visa fees ( no charge ).
- North America
- U.S.A., Canada
- Central and South America
- Bahamas, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Suriname
- Lesotho, Mauritius
- Bangladesh, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines (only for Temporary Visitors staying in Japan within 90 days), British Nationals Overseas (Hong Kong), Hong Kong S.A.R., Macao S.A.R.
- Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Luxembourg, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania (only for Temporary Visitors staying in Japan within 60 days), Russia, San Marino, Slovak, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Middle East
- Israel, Jordan
- Australia, New Zealand
2. For All Other Countries
* For a list of visa application fees, click here.
Whether you need to obtain a visa in order to enter Japan differs according to the purpose of visit, length of your stay, your nationality, etc. Travelers from certain countries may be eligible to visit Japan without a visa under visa exemption arrangements.
Visa fees are revised on April 1st each year and waived for certain nationalities. Visa fees must be paid with cash. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted. In principle, multiple-entry visas are only issued to nationals of countries that have reciprocal arrangements with Japan.