The Consulate General of Japan in New York is currently seeking to hire an employee for the Economic Division Staff. The deadline for all job applications is 03/13/2020.
Monday through Friday, 9:15am – 5:45pm (Lunch Break 12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- Communicating and supporting relationships with government and corporate contacts, including arranging and/or participating in meetings and reporting results clearly
- Daily research on Japanese business issues and U.S. economic conditions
- Writing and editing public statements and news letters by the Consulate
- Responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries from the general public related to matters under the jurisdiction of the Economic Division
- Various administrative duties, including support for Consulate receptions and other events (occasional after-hours work is required)
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in and knowledge of economic relations between Japan and the U.S.
- Excellent writing, research, communication and organizational skills (deadline-oriented and able to manage multiple projects)
- Is highly cooperative with other staff members
- A commitment to promoting Japan-U.S. relations
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates who pass the first screening will be notified of the date for the interview.