Location / Hours / Contact
- Consulate General of Japan in New York
- 299 Park Avenue, 18th Floor,
New York, NY 10171
(East side of Park Avenue between 48th and 49th streets)
Office opens Monday through Friday except for holidays
Consular Service for Japanese national
9:30am – 3:00pm (by Appointment only)
11:00pm – 3:00pm (by Appointment only)
Pick-up for applied visa
9:30am – 11:00am
Japan Information Center:
- Window: 9:30am – 12:30pm (by Appointment only)
- Phone: Until 5pm(12:30-13:30 closed)
For general inquiry on Visa / Consular service
Please click here for contact information for VISA/Consular service.
For scheduling appointment to visit our office
Please click here for scheduling appointment
For inquiry on public relations / cultural events
- TEL : (212)371-8222
- Email for Japan Information Center
For others (NON - Visa /Consular issues)
(212)371-8222(in case of emergency 24/7)
Your phone call is answered between 9:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday except holidays. All incoming calls out of this time will be taken by outsource telephone operators.
Things you need to know when visiting our office
● Please keep your face covered while you are within the premise of our office and building.
● Automatic thermal screening is being implemented at entrance of the building. You may not be allowed to enter building if your temperature is assessed as higher than 100.8F, due to regulation of the building. If you feel unwell, please visit us at a later date.
● All visitors are required to pass through a thorough security check as you enter our office. Any items or materials deemed as hazardous, such as firearms, knives (including cutlery and utility knives), explosives, and any other weapons are strictly prohibited.
● Building management regulations do not permit pets(dogs, cats, etc,) on the premises.