Japanis a signatory to The Convention of International
Trade in Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES),
and prohibits the import or export of animals,
alive or otherwise, classified as endangered
species under CITES.
To determine if the animal you plan to bring to Japan is covered by CITES restrictions, contact U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services at http://www.fws.gov/
For further information, please visit following sites.
- Japan Ministry of Agriculture,
Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF)
- USDA Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- USDA APHIS Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ)
- USDA APHIS Veterinary Services (VS)
- CITES Secretariat
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services