In Response to Messages of Support and Offers of Assistance
April 4, 2011 Updated
The Consulate General of Japan in New York expresses its sincere appreciation for the extraordinary outpouring of thoughts and prayers and for the many offers of assistance being extended to those who have suffered in the recent earthquake and subsequent tsunami. The Government of Japan, together with the people of the affected region and the entire nation, is doing its utmost to provide rapid emergency response and recovery in the region.
While no integrated system has been set up to accept donations in Japan at this moment, those wishing to help through financial donations may wish to consider giving to the following organizations:
- Japanese Red Cross Society --- Japan／Earthquake Donation
- The American Red Cross -- Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami
- According to the Japanese Red Cross, donations designated to the Japanese Red Cross will be directed to the Japanese Red Cross from the American Red Cross.
- The Japan Society ---- The Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
- Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City--- Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Fund
- Japan Society of Fairfield County
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of New York, Inc.(JCCI)/Nippon Club
- Japanese American Association of New York
- Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE/USA)
- Japan Society of Greater Philadelphia - Japan Disaster Relief Fund
- Japanese American Social Services, Inc.